Creative Blogging shows you how to start blogging for the very first time to express your creativity, reach out and be heard—and even how to make money with your blog!
You’ll start at the right place: The beginning! Learn answers to the most important and popular questions: What is a blog? Do I need a blog? How do I get started? What do I blog about? How do I blog? Creative Blogging then takes you through the how-to aspects of blogging, so you can quickly learn the terminology and get started. You’ll then be able to choose the right blogging tool for you!
Soon, you’ll be prepared to unleash your creativity! Like a good author, you’ll learn how to find information to blog about, and how to express yourself in your blog in the ways that you want. Your creativity is what will make your blog successful, but every artist needs an audience. Creative Blogging reveals how to draw people to your site!
You’ll also discover how to work with images and video, how to integrate your blog with Twitter and Facebook, and even how to make money with your blog! Let your creativity bring your audience to you and your blog with Creative Blogging.
This book is for beginners looking to start a new blog and let their creativity find their audience within the blogosphere. You’ll learn the basics of how to blog,how to show your creative self on your blog, and how to find your audience.
What you’ll learn:
- What a blog is—everything you need to know!
- How to choose the best blog tool for YOU!
- How to set up and organize your blog
- How to be creative in your blog’s design and layout
- How to work with images to create a beautiful blog
- More advanced blog techniques and strategies
- Tools to promote your blog, increase visits, and make money!
- How to connect with popular social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook
- Where to find help, tools, tips and tricks
- Author: Heather Wright-Porto
- Publisher: Apress – April 2011
- Formats: Print – $23.30, Kindle – $15.39, NOOK – $18.19, iBooks – $34.99
Google+ for the rest of us
Learn how to master Google+ — the world’s fastest-growing social-media service.
Attract followers. Engage enchanting people. Promote your brand.
The former Chief Evangelist for Apple knows a superior product when he sees one, and he sees one in Google+. Hands down. In What the Plus!, Guy Kawasaki explains how to get started, create an enchanting profile, optimize for social searches, share posts and photos, conduct hangouts, and gain followers.
- Author: Guy Kawasaki
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill – August 2012
- Formats: Print – $7.92, Kindle – $0.99, NOOK – $2.99, iBooks – $2.99
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use, visual guide that helps you make the most of Evernote, take a look at My Evernote. This friendly format helps you capture, format, link, sync, and share all sorts of notes, whether you’re using a PC, Mac, Android phone, tablet, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, or Windows Phone. Learn to use the Evernote web clipper to grab content on the go, tweet notes to your notebooks (or share notes on Twitter), add your notes to Facebook, and much more.
- Step-by-step instructions with callouts to photos that show you exactly what to do
- Help when you run into problems or limitations with Evernote
- Tips and Notes to help you take full advantage of Evernote on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through making the most of Evernote -free or premium, on any device! Learn how to
- Install and use Evernote on your iPhone, Android, iPad, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, PC or Mac, and beyond
- Create and share notebooks, customized just the way you like, and organize your notes your way
- Save images, drawings, handwriting, web content, even webcam snapshots in notes you can access anywhere, anytime
- Add notes straight from Twitter or Google+, and link Evernote to your Facebook account
- Format your notes to look great, and easily print the notes you want to file the old-fashioned way
- Build easy-to-use To Do lists, complete with checkboxes
- Sync your notes across multiple devices, and store them in the cloud so they’re always available over the Web
- Import notes from other popular note-taking tools, such as Microsoft OneNote and Google Notebooks
- Record high-quality audio notes and organize and share them as needed
- Send notes to Evernote from Apple’s Siri digital assistant
- Organize, tag, and search your notebooks to instantly find whatever you’re looking for
- Install and use the Evernote Web Clipper in all popular web browsers
- Securely share notebooks publicly or privately and collaborate with teams, wherever they are
- Find apps and add-ons that make Evernote do even more for you
- Author: Katherine Murray
- Publisher: Que – February 2012
- Formats: Print – $14.78, Kindle – $9.00, NOOK – $11.39
This book (for Windows and Mac) breaks new ground by doing something for digital photographers that’s never been done before–it cuts through the bull and shows exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge readers to come up with their own settings or figure things out on their own. Instead, it tells readers flat-out which settings to use, when to use them, and why. This book gives the inside tips and tricks of the trade for organizing, correcting, editing, sharpening, retouching, and presenting photos like a pro. Readers will be absolutely amazed at how easy and effective these techniques are–once they know the secrets.
This book covers:
- The real secrets of how the pros retouch portraits
- How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat
- How to use Camera Raw for processing not only RAW photos, but JPEGs and TIFFs, too!
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use
- How to deal with common digital camera image problems, including removing noise and avoiding halos
- The most requested photographic special effects
- All the brand new features of Elements 11, which offers better ways to manage photos, map images, share memories, use templates, and easily create pro-quality photographic effects
And the book’s secret weapon: It also covers slick workarounds, cheats, and some fairly ingenious ways to replicate many Photoshop CS6 features from right within Elements 11.
-And much more!
- Author: Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski
- Publisher: Peachpit Press – November 2012
- Formats: Print – $25.99, Kindle – $18.00, Kobo – $24.79, iBooks – $24.99
The Complete Digital Journaling Guide
The journaling opportunities these days are truly incredible. You can now record your life in amazing new ways with the devices you already have and usually have with you! But where do you start?
I present to you Modern Journaling: The COMPLETE Guide to Keeping a Journal on Your Smartphone, Tablet or Computer! This ebook is the only guide available that is dedicated entirely to journaling with modern technology. It is written in plain words to help users of any age or experience navigate this new world. Modern Journaling contains information that will not only tell you about how to use these new methods of journal and diary keeping, but will give you practical recommendations so that you can get started, TODAY.
What will you learn from Modern Journaling?
- Clarification of what are the best devices to keep a journal with.
- 9 reasons why keeping a digital journal is better than one with pen and paper.
- A detailed explanation of 28 eJournal features and why they are or are not important.
- 25 digital journal reviews that cover most computers and mobile devices including iPhones, iPads, Android devices, Blackberries,Windows Phone 7 devices and computers.
- Simple steps on how to switch from your current journal to your new digital journal.
- Instructions on how to perfect your digital journal.
What makes Modern Journaling so special? Well, throughout most of my life I kept journals the classic way – with pen and paper. This was sufficient for me at the time but as technology progressed the journaling world along with everything else, I decided to test the waters of digital journaling. I soon discovered that keeping a personal journal on my computer or smartphone enabled me to write faster, back up my data and input as many pictures as I would like. I enjoyed journaling again!
A Beginners Guide to Using Evernote Effectively and Efficiently
You’ve downloaded Evernote. Now what?
This is a comprehensive beginners guide to using Evernote. It’s time to throw away the file cabinet and the yellow legal notepad!
This guide is the A-Z reference for getting started with Evernote.
- Learn how to install properly
- Format notes
- Effectively search notes
- Add images!
- Sync with multiple devices and platforms
- Organize and stack!
- Use Evernote Clipper
- Collaborate with others
- And much more…
With this guide you will be able to put Evernote to enhance your productively, save time, and maximize its functionality. Unlock your Evernote and use it to its full potential.
- Author: John Alexander
- Publisher: John Alexander – March 2013
- Formats: Kindle – $2.99
Note: This book is available as part of the Kindle Owners Lending Library program.
You’ll learn how to handle each aspect of the flexible Scrivener manuscript-generation process:
- Set up: Add reference materials to your project for easy access – videos, audio files, PDFs, Web resources, and more. And, if you’ve already written bits of text, you can import those items too, including OPML outline files (such as from OmniOutliner Pro). Beyond importing from the Finder, you can use Mac OS X Services or Scrivener’s handy Scratch Pad panel. Or, you can use the Import and Split feature to import a long document into multiple chapters or segments in Scrivener.
- Organize: Use the Outliner, Corkboard, Collections, and Binder to mix and match your content into the perfect final arrangement. For example, you can:Ignore the concept of a traditional file and break your manuscript into sections based on character, theme, topic, scene, or whatever you like.Organize your manuscript linearly in the Outliner.Use search Collections to search for a character, location, or phrase and see just those texts.Organize ideas by dragging and pinning index cards on the Corkboard.
- Write: Use Full Screen mode to hide distractions so you can wordsmith in peace; set up Typewriter Scrolling to keep your writing focus at the center of the screen, not the bottom; and view more than one part of your project at once, so you can write in one section while referring to another. Also, use Scrivenings view to write one thread of a story all at once in a single view, even if it is broken up in multiple scenes or chapters in the final manuscript.
- Format: Optimize the formatting you see when you work in Scrivener for your eyes and your screen, and understand how this can differ from the formatting in a “compiled” version of your manuscript.
- Revise: Use revision marking and the useful Snapshot capability to experiment with and compare the effect of different revision strategies, while still being able to roll back to a previous version.
- Be Mobile: Work on your project using more than one Mac, or on an iPad.
- Compile: Don’t worry if the term “compile” is unfamiliar; it enables you to assemble your manuscript into linear order, in a form that can be printed or converted to common file formats. Scrivener supports RTF, Microsoft Word, Final Draft, PDF, and EPUB.
Specific questions answered in the ebook include:
- What’s the difference between a Scrivener folder and a file?
- How do I change which columns appear in the Outliner?
- How do I open the Inspector and control what appears in it?
- What is the relationship between Corkboard index cards and Finder items?
- How do I monitor character, word, or page count?
- How do text format presets work?How do I track changes when I revise a draft?
- How do I change the color of a revision level?
- What is the difference between an annotation, a comment, and a footnote?
- How do I export in an ebook format from Scrivener?
- Author: Kirk McElhearn
- Publisher: TidBITS – May 2011
- Formats: Kindle – $6.30, NOOK – $8.50, iBooks – $9.99
How To Build A WordPress Website On Your Own Domain, From Scratch, Even If You Are A Complete Beginner
Do you want to build your own WordPress website but don’t know where to start? Have you been put off by all the jargon and gobbledygook of other guides? If so then this plain, easy WordPress tutorial is the ideal place for you.
Now a #1 Amazon Best Seller, this step-by-step guide by expert Sarah McHarry will walk you through the essential first steps to creating your own website or blog.
In the book’s Quick Start Guide, Sarah shows you how to make a website with WordPress in eight easy lessons.
In the In-Depth Guide, Sarah introduces you to some of the more advanced techniques to help you develop your WordPress website into a fully functional, professional web presence.
What you’ll learn in this book:
- How to get your domain and the right WordPress hosting
- How to install WordPress with a few clicks of the mouse
- How to design a professional-looking WordPress website
- Adding posts and pages
- How to use graphics and images
- All about themes, plugins and widgets
… and lots more…
Whether you want a simple WordPress blog or a full-blown ecommerce site, Sarah’s WordPress To Go will start you off on the right foot.
- Author: Sarah McHarry
- Publisher: Nicbee Publishing – January 2012
- Formats: Kindle – $4.97
Note: This book is available as part of the Kindle Owners Lending Library program.
No matter what you want to write, Scrivener makes it easier.
Whether you’re a planner, a seat-of-the-pants writer, or something in between, Scrivener provides tools for every stage of the writing process. Scrivener For Dummies walks you step-by-step through this popular writing software’s best features. This friendly For Dummies guide starts with the basics, but even experienced scriveners will benefit from the helpful tips for getting more from their favourite writing software.
- Walks you through customizing project templates for your project needs
- Offers useful advice on compiling your project for print and e-book formats
- Helps you set up project and document targets and minimize distractions to keep you on track and on deadline
- Explains how to storyboard with the corkboard, create collections, and understand their value
- Shows you how to use automated backups to protect your hard work along the way
From idea inception to manuscript submission, Scrivener for Dummies makes it easier than ever to plan, write, organize, and revise your masterpiece in Scrivener.
- Author: Gwen Hernandez
- Publisher: For Dummies – August 2012
- Formats: Print – $16.49, Kindle – $15.67