Come inside Digital Art Wonderland where digital art and art journaling embark together on a luscious visual journey. The daring crew of Angi Sullins and Silas Toball give you a personal tour through a digital art journaling world, showing you how to make your own wonderous creations through instruction, design concepts and lots of inspiration.
In Digital Art Wonderland, you’ll find:
- 8 tutorials with techniques, tricks and trips for the intermediate Adobe Photoshop user to enhance physical art as well as create digital art from scratch.
- Instructions and ideas to incorporate a variety of typography into your artwork.
- A guide to using your art in the blogging world, including information about blog set-up, adding personal design touches, blog etiquette and more.
- Exercises for breaking free of art-making fears and letting your artistic instincts take over.
Let Digital Art Wonderland show you a whole new world of art making.
- Author: Angi Sullins and Silas Toball
- Publisher: North Light Books – May 2011
- Formats: Print – $16.49, Kindle – $9.99, NOOK – $16.74, iBooks – $11.99, PDF – $24.99
What awaits beyond the cemetery gates …? Journey into the cemetery and beyond with author Minda Powers-Douglas and meet cemetery sextons, gravediggers, preservationists, writers, artists, authors, ghost hunters, the director of a funeral museum, a genealogist, and an assortment of taphophiles (people who love cemeteries). Discover what’s really behind our attitudes toward death, graveyards and those resting inside them. Find out what is superstition and what’s fact in this insightful and often funny guide into the world of cemeteries. You’ll meet British horror author Simon Clark, “low-brow” artist Madame Talbot, genealogy author and lecturer Sharon DeBartolo Carmack, Jon Austin from the Museum of Funeral Customs, and New Orleans Voodoo Priestess Miriam, as well as many more intriguing individuals. Come explore the dark side … it’s not as scary as you think. You’ll never look at a cemetery the same way again.
- Author: Minda Powers-Douglas
- Publisher: Author House – September 2005
- Formats: Print – $22.95, Kindle – $7.69, NOOK – $8.39