Moultrie Creek is a beautiful tidal creek that meanders around the countryside south of St. Augustine, Florida, before emptying into the Intracoastal Waterway. Over the last 20-plus years, members of the Barrett family have moved to this area to enjoy its beauty and its peaceful settings. The creek also provides the inspiration for much of the content here.
I’m a native Floridian with family ties from Texas to Virginia. When I enlisted in the Air Force I got my first taste of computer technology. That began my career in information systems management and support which now spans more than 40 years. Now retired, I am focused on family history and digital research. My personal blog, Moultrie Creek, includes stories on both family and local history. Here at the Gazette, the focus is on research technology, personal archives and digital storytelling.
Moultrie Creek, the Gazette and my Tumblr blogs (Moultrie Telegraph and Genealogy 101) all use the Disqus commenting system. Disqus costs you nothing to use and provides a single account to comment on a growing number of supported sites.
- Stay on topic – This helps keep the thread focused on the discussion at hand. If you would like to discuss another topic, look for a relevant article or an “open thread”.
- Be respectful of other commenters – Meeting differences of opinion with civil discussion encourages multiple perspectives and a positive commenting environment.
- Don’t feed the trolls – Carefully consider your response if you encounter a user who displays combative behaviors.
- We reserve the right to remove comments – Comments that we find to be abusive, spammy, off-topic, or harassing may be removed.
- Contact our moderators if you have questions or concerns – We can be reached at: moultriecreek @ yahoo.com.