The public side of the Posterous blog platform is no longer. According to the guys at Posthaven, they had to close down new account signups for a while last week to focus on getting Posterous users safely migrated to Posthaven. Over at the Posterous site, there’s a notice that existing users can continue to log in until May 31st – but only to request a site backup.
So, with the Posterous migration madness behind them, the Posthaven developers can concentrate on building the platform. Here’s what’s happening according to their roadmap:
Here’s what’s in there now:
- Post by web, with photos, music, video and documents
- Private sites with passwords
- Pages and links
- Autopost to Facebook and Twitter
Here’s what’s coming soonest:
- Post by email
- Image gallery upload and editing
- CSS customization
- Autopost to Google+, App.net, LinkedIn, and other services
- Blog following with email notifications
- Multiple contributors
Don’t see anything about themes here? Not to worry – they’re saving that for last. The CSS customization feature should give us some flexibility with fonts, colors and such, but themes won’t come until everything else is in place. I kinda like the plain vanilla wrapper – but a few custom fonts could do wonders . . .