Users who purchased Scrivener directly from Literature & Latte should see an update notice when they open the app. If you purchased your version through the Mac App Store, you’ll have to wait a couple of days for it to be approved and posted. Here’s the information being sent to Scrivener’s Mac users:
Scrivener 2.4 adds numerous refinements, is fully Retina Display compatible, and includes many bug-fixes. It is a free update for all registered users of Scrivener 2, and we recommend that you update from whatever version of Scrivener you are using. Updates and fixes include:
- Scrivener is now fully Retina Display compatible (every icon and graphic has been recreated at twice the size to take full advantage of the Retina display).
- Added support for Regular Expressions in all find and replace features (Lion and above only).
- Many improvements and additions to Compile.
- Added full support for the Fountain screenplay syntax (http://fountain.io) to Import, Import and Split, Export, Compile and External Folder Sync.
- Added drag-and-drop support for Scapple notes (Scapple is our upcoming freeform mind-mapping-type app – please see http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42 ).
- The Scratch Pad can now be set up to use plain text, making it easy to sync scratch pad notes with iOS apps.
- Inspector comments and footnotes can now be zoomed with the text.
- Updated MultiMarkdown package to 3.7.
- Improved e-book export, in particular to accommodate Amazon’s stricter Kindle formatting rules and to avoid iTunes Producer rejecting certain EPUB files.
- Fixed critical bug whereby Scrivener could stop saving documents that were part of a scrivenings session that had been open for more than two days.
- Over 100 other refinements and bug fixes.
You can find a full list of changes here: