A couple of interesting updates for iOS devices recently . . .
The Flickr app has some performance enhancements and a new “group card” feature that makes it easier to follow what’s going on in your favorite groups. Probably the most significant update is that you no longer need a Yahoo email address to create an account in Flickr. Any email address will do.
Evernote 8.0 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch includes a complete redesign focused on speed and simplicity. I’ve just played with it on my iPhone for a few minutes, but it definitely is a lot easier to move around now. Other features include:
a new notes list which makes it easy to browse through your notes
- you can now filter notes by tags or reminders
- the + button you see is a multi-function button which creates a new note when tapped or you can press and hold to see other options
- search withing a notebook by tapping the search box at the top of the note list or search your entire collection from the search tab
- text formatting options have improved too with the ability to change font size (small, medium or large), change text color and text style (bold, italics, etc.)
- if you use shortcuts, you can access them in the tab bar.