Moultrie Creek is a beautiful tidal creek that meanders around the countryside south of St. Augustine, Florida, before emptying into the Intracoastal Waterway. Over the last 20-plus years, members of the Barrett family have moved to this area to enjoy its beauty and its peaceful settings. The creek also provides the inspiration for much of the content here.
I’m a native Floridian with family ties from Texas to Virginia. When I enlisted in the Air Force I got my first taste of computer technology. That began my career in information systems management and support which now spans more than 40 years. Now retired, I focus much of my attention on family history and digital research. I also help small military associations, genealogical societies and historical societies build and maintain their own websites using WordPress.
My personal blog, Moultrie Creek Journal, includes stories on both family and local history. Moultrie Creek Gazette is focused on research technology, personal archives and digital storytelling. I also maintain the St. Johns County GenWeb site along with Genealogy 101, which points readers to all sorts of useful research resources and genealogy news.
Each site uses the WordPress commenting system. By installing the free WordPress app, you can easily follow these sites and others, adding comments or asking questions if you wish. The app will also notify you when others respond to your comments.
- Stay on topic – This helps keep the thread focused on the discussion at hand. If you would like to discuss another topic, look for a relevant article or an “open thread”.
- Be respectful of other commenters – Meeting differences of opinion with civil discussion encourages multiple perspectives and a positive commenting environment.
- Don’t feed the trolls – Carefully consider your response if you encounter a user who displays combative behaviors.
- We reserve the right to remove comments – Comments that I find to be abusive, spammy, off-topic, or harassing may be removed.
- Contact me if you have questions or concerns – I can be reached at: moultriecreek @ yahoo.com.